Safe Online Dating Practices
Here are some very important and basic safety rules you should always remember when online dating:
- Do not, under any circumstances, share your financial information such as social security or bank account numbers with anyone online.
- Don’t ever send checks, cash, or wire money to someone you meet online or who claim to be in an emergency, especially overseas. This is common among scammers and con artists and it is nearly impossible to reverse the transaction or trace the money. Wiring money is like sending cash, the sender has no protections against loss.
- If a member requests that you send them money, even if that person claims to be in dire circumstances, this is a huge red flag. We recommend you cease contact immediately and report that person to us by sending us an email or click on the report abuse button.
- Always report members who send you mail that appears to be a scam or fraudulent by sending us an email or simply click on the report abuse button.
- ConservativesOnly.com is only available to residents of the United States, Canada, United Kingdom and Australia. It is not permitted to access our site from other countries. If someone tells you they are outside of these countries, they have created a fraudulent account, please notify us immediately.
- Never include your last name, home address, phone number, place of employment, e-mail address or any other identifying information in your ConservativesOnly.com profile or in messages to members.
- If a member pressures you for financial or personal information or attempts to trick you into revealing it, stop communication immediately and report that person to us by sending us an email or click on the report abuse button.
- Always act with caution when communicating with any stranger who wants to meet you in person. If you intend to have a face-to-face meeting with another ConservativesOnly.com member, always inform a family member or a friend where you are going and when you will return. Always arrange for your own transportation to and from your date and always meet in a public place where there will be other people around. Never agree to meet or be picked up at your home.
Does ConservativesOnly conduct criminal background checks?
We do not conduct such background checks. If you have concerns about a user please share them with us, but remember that hearsay and baseless accusations may not be grounds for membership termination.
What does ConservativesOnly do to keep scammers off the site?
Discouraging scammers is important to us and we use various technologies to do so.
Want to know the best way to avoid scammers? Air on the side of caution, be smart and be patient, don’t rush into relationships. Under no circumstances should you give anyone any money or financial information about yourself. Read our Safe Online Dating Practices. Also, consider that no one is permitted access to the site outside of the United States, Canada, United Kingdom and Australia. If someone tells you they are outside of these countries, they have created a fraudulent account. If you believe you have encountered a scammer, stop communicating with that user immediately and report that user to us.
We care and we do a lot to keep scammers off the site, however, you are ultimately responsible for your actions.
- Minors (anyone under the age of 18) using the service
- Members sending harassing or offensive emails/instant messages
- Members behaving inappropriately after meeting in person
- Criminals or other “shady” characters using the service
- Fraudulent registration or profiles
- Spam or solicitation
- Copyright infringement
- Members asking you for money or donations